We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is Global Digital (Community) Ltd Limited of 45 Lagrannoch Drive, Callander FK17 8DW.
GEOAdventure does not use or disclose to third parties user data gathered from the GeoAdventure API.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
* Information that you provide by filling in forms on our service. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our service, subscribing to our service, posting Adventures or other material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a competition or promotion sponsored by Global Digital (Community) Ltd Limited, and when you report a problem with our service.
* If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
* We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
* Details of transactions you carry out through our service and of the fulfilment of your orders.
* Details of your visits to our service including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes, to help us identify when to share any of our revenue with you, or otherwise and the resources that you access.
* Contact details, such as your name and email address.
* Any alias details you provide, such as your username.
* If you decide to become a Adventure builder on the site, and make your Adventures available to the public on a fee paying basis, we will collect and store sufficient details to be able to process payments to you using available payment methods.
* Demographic information, such as your date of birth, address and postcode.
IP addresses and cookies
We may collect information about your devices/computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our user's browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Where we store your personal data
The data that we collect from you will be stored in the European Economic Area ("EEA").
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our service; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
* To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computing device.
* To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
* To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
* To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
* To transfer credits or money to Adventure Contributors whose Adventures generate income from other users of the service.
* To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we may contact you about these by the means you agree to by selecting tick boxes on data collection forms.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
* In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
* If Global Digital (Community) Ltd Limited or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our service may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of 10euro to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.